It was a record-breaking year of gift giving for People for the Poor, the South Jersey nonprofit that manages and organizes fundraisers for the sole purpose of supporting those in need.
At its recent annual Donation Dinner, People for the Poor gave out ten $6,000 checks to help support homeless shelters and soup kitchens. This was the organization’s largest annual donation to date.
Upon receiving their checks, personal “success” stories reflective of each organization’s mission were shared with those in attendance – fellow shelter representatives, People for the Poor volunteers, sponsors and major donors.
Throughout its inception 11 years ago, 100 percent of all proceeds raised (over $390,000!) goes directly to individuals in need so they know they will have food to eat and a place to sleep.
Recipients of this year’s donation are:
- Aletha R. Wright Center for Men, Camden, NJ
- Eleanor Corbett House – Safe Haven for Women, Glassboro, NJ
- Home for the Brave – Veterans Homeless Shelter, Camden, NJ
- Anna M. Sample House Women’s Shelter, Camden, NJ
- Christian Caring Center, Browns Mills, NJ
- Covenant House, Atlantic City, NJ
- Spirit & Truth Ministries, Vineland, NJ
- New Visions Homeless Day Shelter, Camden, NJ
- Cathedral Kitchen, Camden, NJ
- Sister Jean’s Kitchen, Atlantic City, NJ